Transitions to Work is a job readiness program. Due to the overwhelming success last year of this collaborative venture between Advanced Skills Education and Labor and the Community Education Network the program has once again been funded! A significant number of participants continue to be employed and/or are actively engaged in a school program.
Here is some information that may be beneficial to you as an employer in our area.
The Transitions To Work 9 Week Program is designed for persons over the age of 18 with a minimum grade 10 education and is currently unemployed. It will run from January 29 – March 29, 2018.
The Transitions To Work Program Provides each Participant with:
- Life Skills such as Communication Skills, Time Management, Problem Solving, Self Care, Inappropriate use of technology, Conflict Management
- Training by Certified persons in the areas of WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety(OHS), Back Injury Prevention, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, First Aid and CPR
- Individual Support and Group Activities
- A Two Week Coached Job Search
Benefits To Employers
Hiring a participant of the Transitions To Work Program can be a win-win situation for you the Employer and Potential Job Applicants who have:
- Demonstrated motivation to enter or re-enter the workforce through their choice to participate in the program
- Come to the workplace with Current Certified Training in areas such as WHMIS, First Aid and CPR, Occupational Health & Safety, Back Injury Prevention, Employee Rights & Responsibilities
- Come to the workplace with Awareness Sessions by Skilled Presenters on Key Areas of Personal Development such as Communication, Conflict Management, Problem Solving and more.
Under the Advanced Education Skills and Labor Department, employers are in a position to apply for the targeted “Jobs NL Wage Subsidy Program”. This program can offer a 50% wage subsidy to a maximum or $8/hour. For further information about this Wage Subsidy Program, please contact Simone Mercer at the Department of Advanced Education Skills and Labor 643-8605. Joannie Coffin- Job Coach 649-4097 or email firstname.lastname@example.org