Leo Bruce Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence
Any person may nominate an eligible business by completing the attached form.
The Board of Directors of the BSG Chamber of Commerce will appoint a Selection Committee to review nominations and to determine the award recipient. The decision of the selection committee is final.
The following criteria describe key factors which will be used to measure the accomplishment of the nominee:
- Excels in all areas of business and shows leadership within the Bay St. George region.
- Assumes the risk of a business venture
- Is motivated and growth oriented
- Is involved in community
- Takes pride in community
- Demonstrates good business ethics
- Provides a consistent, high quality product/service
- Provides customer satisfaction
- Is innovative
- Supports local suppliers (where applicable)
- Has had and continues to have a positive impact upon the Bay St. George economy
- Has been a successful entrepreneur for a minimum of 5 years
Past Winners:2001 – J.M Delaney 2002 – First Choice Vision Centre 2003 – First Choice Vision Centre 2004 – EFCO Enterprises Limited 2005 – N/A 2006 – Log Cabin INC Dhoon Lodge 2007 – Pottle Enterprises 2008 – Indian Head Co-op 2009 – Western College 2010 – Danny’s Bake Shop 2011 – Callahan’s contracting Ltd. 2012 – Pizza Delight 2013 – N/A 2014 – Eddy Service 2015 – Stephenville Decor Ltd. 2016 – Hometown Furniture Inc. 2017 – Kung and Roberts Chartered Accountants 2018 – Russell’s Funeral Home 2019 – AMGWES Safety Inc. 2020 – N/A 2021 – Susannah Rose Quilt Patch